IT Release & Environments Manager
£500.00 per day inside IR35, 6-months initially, Remote with some UK travel when required.
The role reports to DevOps Practice Lead.
This role will have Overall accountability for the IT Release & Environments Management function which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases are inclusive of application updates/upgrades, operating system patches, security improvements, o/s upgrades, Projects, and Programs. They are responsible for managing the release processes for code through development, test, and into production environments.
The Release and Environments Manager works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with Infrastructure Sys Admins and IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments
- Ownership and Maintenance of the current Production IT Release calendar across the enterprise working closely with IT Project and Delivery teams, both Application and Infrastructure, building a centralised view of all releases.
- The Release Manager will assist in managing project interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence
- Provision and maintenance of Route to Live (RTL) environments in support of Project development, Application Support, and Infrastructure deployments
- Deployment of code from the RTLs into Production
- Resource management ensuring team can deliver against demand
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Proven effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience of managing transition to more Automated deployments/CICD/Dev Ops processes
- Experience of managing environments in the Cloud including proven involvement in migrating from an on-premises approach to a Cloud approach.
Please attach your CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org