- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Location: Woking
- Consultant: Daniel Blissett
- Office: HQ
- Telephone Number: +4402083347563
Our Client is Alemba: a IT Service Management software company behind vFire, trusted by a number of global enterprises to deliver truly beneficial IT Service Management Solutions. Our cutting-edge approach to software design combined with a commitment to customer service has fuelled a dramatic expansion
You will be using your MS Visual Studio C#, HTML and SQL skills to work on all aspects of the software life cycle, following approved development processes, including where needed: researching, scoping and estimating, system design, development of new code, unit-testing, deployment and production support.
- Research, design, write and unit test new software programs.
- Enhance existing software, by analysing and identifying areas for modification. Write and unit testing the new code.
- Investigate issues identified either by Alemba customers or the Alemba QA team and, where needed, create and unit test code fixes or workarounds for these issues.
- Work closely with the Alemba Product Management team when required, to provide input to the technical design of new features and changes to existing functionality.
- Work closely with the Alemba QA team to correct defects identified to ensure that Alemba releases high quality software through efficient and effective testing.
- Work closely with the Alemba Service Desk and Professional Services teams, to assist where needed in the resolution of customer issues, and completion of customer upgrades and customisations to Alemba software.
- Follow appropriate Alemba project management processes at all times, including the correct and full use of the Engineering recording tools, personal participation in daily stand ups or other progress meetings (where geography / timing permits) and/or production of regular written progress updates for the designated team lead/ VP Engineering as requested.
- To work at all times within the agreed technology frameworks, as appropriate for each project.
- Ensure skills and knowledge of industry best practice are kept up to date.
- Ensure that knowledge of the products in Alemba’s portfolio is kept up to date at all times and become quickly familiar with new products, modules and product functional roadmaps.
- Assist where needed in the creation and maintenance of all product and technical documentation.
Technical Experience Needed:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in application development using MS Visual Studio C#, HTML and SQL
- Knowledge of recognized ITSM solutions is beneficial
- An appreciation of the client’s deadlines and also bear in mind project timelines and budgets and act to keep within these constraints at all times.
- Visual Basic
- .Net framework
Personal & Professional Qualities:
- A high‐energy individual who is self-motivated and able to be engaged in multiple projects when needed.
- Ability to work independently as necessary with appropriate supervision, but also to interface and work cooperatively with team mates, customers and third‐party service providers.
- Ability to undertake detailed project activities with accuracy and reliability.
- Ability to resolve problems. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability and willingness to effectively communicate within the project, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to craft quality, carefully architected solutions (measured by lack of defects).
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is up to £36K
- 21 days’ holiday
- Working hours are be 9.00 am – 5.30 pm or 9.30am – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday inclusive with a lunch break of one hour.
- After passing probation, sick pay is as follows:
Passed probation, but less than 5 years’ service 5 days
Over 5 years’ service: 10 days
- A telephone interview with the VP Engineering establishes initial suitability.
- A coding exercise which will take approximately half an hour at our offices in Send followed by a face to face interview
- We anticipate there being one visit to the Alemba offices for the selection process